- In the early morning hours of April 24th, Reisterstown and other area units responded to a dwelling fire with reported people trapped. Upon arrival, units found heavy fire on the second and third floors, with entrapment. Crews from Reisterstown started search and rescue efforts with a Mayday declared shortly after. Firefighter/EMT GENE KIRCHNER from Reisterstown suffered critical injuries and was ... (Full Story & Photos)
Flag set up in front of company 50, ready for the procession.
Senator Barbara Mikulski (D-Md.) is joined by New Windsor Fire Chief Tom Coe in examining firefighting equipment after announcing Monday that Carroll County first responders have been awarded nearly $1.5 million in federal grant funding.
- U.S. Senator Barbara A. Mikulski (D-Md.) was joined by Congressman Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.) and New Windsor Mayor Neal Roop in New Windsor today to announce nearly $1.5 million in federal funding for Carroll County first responders. Federal grant funding will be used to purchase life-saving firefighting equipment and to train future firefighters protecting families and communities. Additional participants ... (Full Story & Photos)
- On Saturday, at about 6:30 AM, Utility 2-1 and several parents made their way to the Carroll County Emergency Services Training Center with the junior fire company for the annual Junior Day. Junior Day is when the juniors from each of the county's fire companies all get together for a day of education and competition.
This cold and blustery day started with the famous doughnuts-and-coffee breakfast. ... (Full Story & Photos)
- On the evening of April 9th 2013, Hampstead's Firefighter/EMT Brandon Solomon was recognized as the Firefighter of the year. Solomon began his fire service career in 2006 when he was among the top Juniors of Hampstead's Junior Program. After reaching 16, he joined the ranks of the senior company and began his formal training. He received his initial Hazmat Operations training through Carroll County ... (Full Story & Photos)
- At 6:42 PM Friday evening, Station 2 was alerted for a structure alarm with a car on fire next to a building in the 1360 block of North Main Street. Engine-Tanker 24 arrived to find a car engine compartment fire next to a commercial building. The fire was quickly extinguished. Truck 2's crew found no fire extension to the structure, and the engine and truck crews performed overhaul of the vehicle.... (Full Story & Photos)
- Around 4:30 Sunday afternoon, Station2 was alerted for a fire in a backyard on Eikon Lane. Brush 25 with two personnel and Engine/Tanker 24 with a crew of six responded. A large column of white smoke could be seen from a distance while the vehicles were en route. The homeowners were using a burn pit in the woods and left it unattended only to find the woods on fire when they later came back outside. ... (Full Story & Photos)
- Saturday afternoon the station was alerted to respond into Baltimore County for a woods fire at 17000 block of Falls Road. Engine 23 responded with six volunteers and ran along with crews from Arcadia. While en route, update information advised the fire was spreading and very close to a house and shed. Engine 23 was first to arrive and found about three acres of woods on fire with extension right ... (Full Story & Photos)